Fraidy Cat Racing

1994 Jaguar XJ12

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thunderhill 9/21/15

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Thunderhill 9/21/15 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Alan just texted me saying that Thunderhill is 11 weeks away.

Alan - What are the thoughts on the Audi? Bad block (since the head was all checked out)

Option 1: New engine in the Audi = $600, plus $200 in other things we will surely need
Pro: Should be ready to race with new engine; Don't need to retrieve the Jag from Socal; Jag makes it's debut at Sonoma; Audi is more likely to sell
Con: Not the Jag

Option 2: Decide what to do with the Audi at a later date, Retrieve the Jag and race
Pro: It's the Jag
Con: We have a lot of capital tied up in cars, still have a broken Audi, need to sort out the Jag quickly

I am for Option 1 since we know we can do an engine swap and the Audi would be good to go. We also have brand new brakes and essentially new tires. Also, it would be a much more sellable car if it runs.

View user profile

2 Re: Thunderhill 9/21/15 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:00 pm

Option 1 is probably the right way to go, but we really should stop dragging the jag purchase out.

Option 3: skip Thunderhill and use that money to buy the jag and fix the Audi.
Pro: Rich doesn't murder us for taking 15 years to get around to actually buying the jag
Con: too many cars, not enough racing

View user profile

3 Re: Thunderhill 9/21/15 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:37 pm

Option 3 is pretty good. Thunderhill is my least favorite track anyways. Our priority should be to fix the Audi asap then. I can come to town on Sunday 7/19, pick up an engine at a dismantler, and then we can install it. I am in Hawaii for the following two weekends. If we fix the Audi on the 19th, we can get the Jag in August.

View user profile

4 Re: Thunderhill 9/21/15 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Sounds like a plan

View user profile

5 Re: Thunderhill 9/21/15 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:02 am

Two other things to consider if using Option 3.

A: We can use the time to secure a third team owner

B. We will have to find a place to park a lot of cars.

I can probably work the weekend of the 18th.

What is the deal with the engine block sitting in Eric's garage? I though it was good to use.

Option #4: I rejoin as a team owner and together with a fourth, we campaign two cars in a ball-smashingly, gas-guzzing way. We could do a "Battle of Britain" theme.

View user profile

6 Re: Thunderhill 9/21/15 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:15 pm

Option 4 works... I need more money, space, and time.

View user profile

7 Re: Thunderhill 9/21/15 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:27 am

No, to keeping 2 Lemons cars. I don't have enough money, space or time.

I think the engine block in my garage is scrap. I'm not too certain though if that head has been bad on 2 different blocks. They have been for different reasons though so maybe we are just bad/unlucky at rebuilding engines.

Let's plan on working on the 18-19th. Cass can bring my truck to town if I can't make it on the 18th.

View user profile

8 Re: Thunderhill 9/21/15 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:45 am

Eric wrote:

Let's plan on working on the 18-19th. Cass can bring my truck to town if I can't make it on the 18th.

This works for me.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum