Fraidy Cat Racing

1994 Jaguar XJ12

You are not connected. Please login or register

Introduce Yourself

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Introduce Yourself on Thu May 13, 2010 11:56 am

Post in here at your leisure. Share what you want about yourself; automotive background, resources you bring to the table, your mother's maiden name, your hat size, whatever.

View user profile

2 Re: Introduce Yourself on Thu May 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Eric

I am Eric. I have lived across the street from Cassidy for 18 or so years of my life. I currently have 2 cars, a Scion tC that I don't touch too much except for oil changes, and a 1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged that I love to work on even though I've only had it for about a month now. I have done little things to cars now and again (and then there was the rebuild of a Toyota 22R that Cassidy and I did a couple of years ago. I've lived in Sacramento/Davis my whole life and want to learn all that I can about cars ranging from mechanical to driving. I'm stoked for Lemons and just want the thrill of the competition and experience.

3 Re: Introduce Yourself on Thu May 13, 2010 5:07 pm

I go by several names depending on the situation, but this group knows me either as Ed or Cassidy. Either will suffice.

As Eric mentioned, we grew up literally across the street from one another. I ended up with an A.S. in Mechatronics before moving out to Oakland for a job. I've been out here for about 13 months now.

I got my start on my mother's 77 VW Super Beetle convertible. It was fuel injected and as a result I don't really like to work on old Bugs. Then along came my 66 Mustang. I've been through most every part of that car over the years. I have also helped Eric work on a couple of cars and visa versa. I was drawn to Lemons by the promise of cheap wheel-to-wheel racing. I am hoping that we can make that a reality and maybe even finish along the way.

View user profile

4 Re: Introduce Yourself on Thu May 27, 2010 8:09 pm

I am Alan
I've owned more vehicles than I like to admit (if you want one give me a call I probably have it).
I have spent the last four years of my life learning how to build race cars as well as spending a little time getting a degree in mechanical engineering.
I pretend to be good at racing, whether I am or not remains to be seen.
anyways here is my latest project #28

View user profile

5 Re: Introduce Yourself on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:26 pm

I'm Shaytu and despite the crazy name, I'm a pretty normal guy. I've been racing autocross for almost a decade (including a couple year breaks in there). I went from a 94 Civic Hatchback to a 2007 Subaru STI about a year and half ago. I also owned a 2002 GSXR 750 for many years. I've drag raced the motorcycle and even did one track day event with the motorcycle. SCARY AS HELL!!! But I loved it before the track day was over. I was also fortunate enough to participate in a Road and Track Live event at Laguna Seca Raceway a year ago where I drove a Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi R8, and BMW M3 around the track. Besides that I've done 1 indoor carting enduro which was horribly painful without a properly fitted seat. That's the summary of racing-ish experience.

Besides that I like video games, movies, comic books, anime, comedy, design, automotive design, web design, industrial design, tennis, ping pong, mountain biking. I moved to CA a few months ago to get married and be with my wife. We plan to be here for about a year longer before I need to return to the DC area to finish my MFA degree.

I'm excited about the chance to race in the 24 Hours of Lemons!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum