Fraidy Cat Racing

1994 Jaguar XJ12

You are not connected. Please login or register

Going for Broken at Reno

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Going for Broken at Reno on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:18 pm

IT'S ON!

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/reno2011.aspx

We must enter this race with whatever we can get running.

View user profile

2 Re: Going for Broken at Reno on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:43 pm

So it is!
Be it Jaguar, Midget or Miata its AWWN

View user profile

3 Re: Going for Broken at Reno on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:34 am

I'm excited, but I hope the Jag is going strong after Infineon. I would rather run it than have to build another car.

View user profile

4 Re: Going for Broken at Reno on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:38 pm

So we need to get all of the hurdles of our competing at Reno out in the open.

Tires: we will need a new set of them. I don't know how hard Reno is on tires, but it would be optimistic to think that one fresh set would last the whole race. Ideally, we'd have the old tires still mounted, but that would require us to come up with at least three new rims.

Transportation. I have a lead on three trailers and two tow vehicles. Someone suggested a box truck. If I can find a place that rents smallish ones with a diesel that would be a nice way to go.

Theme: I like the Titanic theme. However, that will require that we paint the entire car gray.

Throw up other things that we need to do.

View user profile

5 Re: Going for Broken at Reno on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:56 am

Alan and I were talking on Friday and Saturday and it looks as if Reno is out for us. We can't find enough drivers. Shay and his brother are out and both of us aren't having any luck with others. We are thinking that the Jag will be ready for another round at Infineon on October 22-23. Whoever has the power to do so, should withdraw our application.

View user profile

6 Re: Going for Broken at Reno on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:19 am

Do we want to throw a line out on the Lemons forum? I don't know how many bites we would get.

View user profile

7 Re: Going for Broken at Reno on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:22 am

We need 4 drivers, which is going to be very difficult to get. I think we should give Fluffy a break so we can focus on our own projects (I really want to get the MR2 on the road soon) and not be so stressed about finding drivers, transportation, and cost. Then get ready for October at Infineon again and hopefully be contenders.

View user profile

8 Re: Going for Broken at Reno on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:36 pm

I will know more tomorrow but we still have a shot at this.

View user profile

9 Re: Going for Broken at Reno on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:22 pm

It would be too awesome to compete at Reno to give up just yet. I will see if I can drum up any people on my end.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum